Saturday, January 27, 2007

Stations of The Cross @St. Anne's Church, Bukit Mertajam

at St. Anne's Church in Bukit Mertajam, Penang, there are 15 life-sized Stations of the Cross scattered around the church ground. these statues depict the Passion of Christ. what follows here are photos of all 15 stations.
(okay, some of the photos doesn't look good, cos i took them under strong sunlight, and i'm lazy to go back and reshoot again)


* * *

(I) I am condemned to death

(II) I am made to carry my cross

(III) I fall the first time

(IV) I meet my sorrowful mother

(V) Simon is forced to carry my cross

(VI) Veronica wipes my face

(VII) I fall the second time

(VIII) I meet the wailing women of Jerusalem

(IX) I fall a third time

(X) I am stripped off my clothes

(XI) I am nailed to the cross

(XII) I die on the cross

(XIII) I am taken down from the cross

(XIV) my body is put in a tomb

(XV) I am the Resurrection and the life

- The End -

No comments:

Post a Comment